Welcome to the Home of CartoWeb!
CartoWeb is a comprehensive and ready-to-use Web-GIS (Geographical Information System) as well as a convenient framework for building advanced and customized applications.
Written using innovative language PHP5, CartoWeb is highly modular and customizable thanks to its object-oriented architecture. It runs evenly on Windows or Unix-like platforms and shows its real power when associated to PostgreSQL/PostGIS.
Last but not least, CartoWeb may be set up as a SOAP Web Service enabling to have front-end server on one machine and data and map generation on an other.
- 2013-09-12: CartoWeb 3.6.x - Source code on GitHub
- 2008-09-04: CartoWeb 3.5.0 is available (changelog).
- 2008-08-05: Tiny-docbook 1.6.19 released.
- 2008-05-13: Map Simplification Program 2.1 released.
- 2007-09-27: FOSS4G'07 CartoWeb For Beginners lab is now available.
- 2007-09-21: CartoWeb 3.4.0 is available (changelog).
- 2007-07-24: CartoWeb 3.4.0 Release Candidate 1 (RC1) is available (changelog).
- 2007-07-20: Tiny Docbook 1.6.17 released (changelog).
- 2007-03-05: Cartoweb Community, a new community portal dedicated to CartoWeb.
- 2006-09-20: FOSS4G'06 CartoWeb For Beginners workshop is now available here.
- 2006-08-31: CartoWeb 3.3.0 is released and available for download. Read what's new.
- 2006-04-13: contrib Vertex Simplification Program version 2.0 is available.
- 2006-02-27: CartoWeb Windows Installer now comes with MapServer 4.8.1 and other handy additions. The new installer is available here. Changes are detailed here.
- 2006-02-15: CartoWeb 3.2.0 is released and available for download. Read what's new.
- 2005-11-22: the CartoWeb Wiki is opened. Don't hesitate to share your knowledge!
- 2005-11-17: CartoWeb 3.1.0 Windows Installer is available here!
- 2005-11-10: CartoWeb 3.1.0 is out! Don't wait more, get your own copy! Check the ChangeLog out.